March 22, 2020, Updated April 6, 2020, Updated Oct 21, 2020
If you are feeling ill, It is your responsibility to conduct a health check before coming to work.
Staying Home When Sick and When New Symptoms Develop
Staff who are experiencing symptoms of a previously diagnosed health condition do not need to stay at home. If you or any member of your family are experiencing either:
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Nausea or vomiting
Please remain at home. If you or any member of your family are experiencing mild cold symptoms (runny nose, headache, etc.) you may still attend work, but wear a mask.
If symptoms include fever or difficulty breathing, or if symptoms last for more than 24 hours or get worse, seek a health assessment by calling 8-1-1 or a primary care provider. If a COVID-19 test is recommended as a result of the health assessment, self isolate while waiting for results. If the COVID-19 test is positive, self-isolate and follow the direction of public health. If the COVID-19 test is negative, return to work when well enough.
- If you feel sick or any symptoms, stay home. Not sure? Use this self-assessment tool: BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool
- Wash, wash, wash your hands. This is even better than hand sanitizers and we have two bathrooms with soap ready to go. See here for more info : Wash Your Hands I will post the form in both bathrooms. Keep your hands off your face at all times, the only time you can touch your face is after you have washed your hands.
- Only staff members allowed in the shop, all deliveries left at the door, all pickup doors picked up from the door ONLY. When signing for deliveries you MUST keep 2 meters from you and the delivery person. Tell them to leave the paperwork on the back of their truck and move away, then you can move forward to sign and then back off.
- Only ICC Staff use the forklift, you must wear gloves when driving the forklift. If you use the forklift you must disinfect the forklift after use.
- Clean all common hard surfaces 3 times a day,everybody is in charge of cleaning their own zone including all door handles, railings, bathroom countertops and the forklift steering wheel and hand controls. After the first and second coffee and at the end of the day. As well, use a new disposable paper towel each time and dispose of the paper towel in a lined garbage can.
- Wash all your own dishes immediately. After you make your food wash your hands and clean all your dishes.
- Use only your own computer. If you are at the CNC stations you must be wearing gloves.
- Use only your own tools, If you use a community tool, disinfect it
- Following all rules above as well as the additional ones below because you are in closer contact with people outside the shop.
- Install must be cleared by homeowner.
- Installer must have disposable gloves, mask, hand sanitizer and disinfectant.
- Installer is to work in their own space keeping 2 meters from other trades, supervisors or homeowners.
- At the end of the day, you must clean all hard surfaces with disinfectant.
- Disinfect any product that you pickup (ie. countertops or hardware) while wearing disposable gloves.
HELP FOR STAFF:
- We are all in this together. I have put my idea forward and if you feel this is not a safe space for you (or your family at home) to be in then you may need to make a decision to self isolate. You are welcome to do that, just talk to me about it.
- If you are self isolating or must be quarantined because of symptoms, it is my understanding from this article Coronavirus: Here’s how to apply for EI and the new COVID-19 emergency benefit that you should be able to get on with EI without a doctor’s note. I need to get you a ROE and will do that as fast as I can.
- Need someone to talk to outside your regular circle? We have a wonderful connection with the folks at Arbour counselling Center Arbour Counselling Centre: Counselling in Victoria BC | 4277 Quadra St
- In rough water I want to find hope and peace. We find this at our local Christian church and very conveniently all the sermons are now streaming online. Home | Vic Naz Church